December 21, 2012

A Little Flare

Just a titch of gold with a wing can make anyone's day. Learn how to complete this easy breezy look!

Products:
•Mac Paint Pot in painterly (base)
•Mac brush- 239, 217, 212
•Mac eye shadow in Carbon (eyeliner) and Chrome Yellow (on top of the gold)
•Elf complete the look pallet second column second to last shade to the bottom. 
•NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk (Waterline)
•NYC unnamed liner in Pearl Black (liner)

Step 1: Using any primer apply it to your lid first. Make sure you blend it in!

Step 2: Using a Mac 239 brush go into the Elf complete the look pallet. Dip the brush into the second column, the shade we will be using is the second to last shade at the bottom. It looks like a old tarnished gold. Using patting motion (up and down) apply this all over your lid. To make the gold a bit more vibrant I rubbed my finger in the shade Chrome Yellow and patted it on the gold.

Step 3: Using the NYC unnamed liner in Pearl black line your eyes like normal. What I do to get this sort of cat eye look is I start from the right of the eye. I drag the brush in wards which, creates a perfect thick line. Make sure when you are pulling the brush in your line is not to close to the hair line. Then when you're done with the first step of creating the winged eye, make a small triangle in the middle of your eye. To make this look matte I used a 212 brush and dipped it into Carbon. Patting up and down on the straight line. This will pro long the wear of the eyeliner.

Step 4: I used Nyx jumbo eye pencil in milk and lined my waterline so my eyes were more open.

Some more photo's are below and I even did a lip look!




I am using Revlon just bitten lip stain

You could do a natural lip look too! This gloss is part of the L'Oreal inflammable lip stain line.
1- Patting motion is when you take your brush and tap up and down. It makes colors more vibrant rather than rubbing this shade in. Since we normally only pat light shades for the lid and pigments/glitters it is important to know this step.

No comments:

Post a Comment